Saturday, November 28, 2009

chatterbox


(right click » view image for full)

Something I did yesterday to blow off some steam and have fun. It's been far too long since I've drawn any monsters :3 I just kind of made things up as I went along on this. The hardest thing was sticking with a color scheme I liked. In the end I decided to try a tetrad color scheme. Originally the image had some more foreshortening with the arms but I changed it because there was just TOO MUCH going on. Anyway, nothing at all spectacular, but something fun for me.

WIP SHOT

oh also-
http://colorschemedesigner.com/ is one of the most USEFUL sites out there for me. I use it all the time to get a really good working color scheme (or if I lack ideas for a color scheme I mess around on there for a while and try to find something I like) and base my colors around the swatches the site gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment